Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family

My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..

Monday, December 12, 2011

Much needed update

Where do I start?!?!

Welp, as of November 30th our profile went live. We are officially an approved and waiting couple!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm in the process of ordering pass along cards and we hope our wait will be as short as possible. I seriously can't wait to be a mom. It still feels like it's just out of reach. I know LTL will make a wonderful dad. Just watching him with our nieces and nephews brings a giant smile to my face. He's amazing. I can't help but think that this might be the last Christmas that we are a family of two (four if you count our fur babies). So as we wait we're going to do our best to get involved with the local Families Supporting Adoption chapter. In fact this week there is a Birth Mother and Expectant Mother Christmas party and we're going to go help out. I just wish I had ordered our pass along cards sooner! I'm hoping there will be lots more of these to help out with.

Then I turned 30! Honestly I've been dreading turning 30 for a while now. I've happy to report I don't hate 30. There's something strangely nice about it. My 20s are gone and while they brought me some of the best times of my life I'm excited to move forward and make the best of my 30s.

On my birthday LTL had class so he left before I woke up and our pups allowed me sleep in until about 8 which was fabulous. Then my brother called from overseas. He's deployed with the Ar.my and I don't get to talk to his as much as I'd like and emailing isn't an option right now. Anywho, it made my morning even better! Then I walked out into the kitchen and LTL had left flowers on the table. He's amazing I tell you. AMAZING. He had the sweetest card for me which made me cry (which happens a lot since surgery, haha) When he got home he had a couple movies for me that I wanted and some MINT chocolate candies with a hard shell. Ya know m.&.m.s hehe. I love them and had been searching for some. Then off we went to SLC, SOMEONE lost her military i.d. and needed to get a new one. (I felt like such an idiot) Then out to lunch at one of my favorite places. The Do.do. It has one of the BEST turkey sandwiches with a great BBQ dipping sauce. Luckily it was Two for Tuesday on desserts. We got a delicious Sour Apple pie and their infamous Toll.House pie. YUM! After, shopping! I needed some new work clothes and got a great new pair of boots. I've been looking for motorc.ycle boots but couldn't pass up a cute pair of heeled boots. I'm still on the search for the perfect motorc.ycle boots so if you know of any cute yet kick ass ones let me know?

Physically I seem to be healed from my surgery. I'm still trying to manage the hot flashes which is rough. I'm also having issues with sleep which I really think is related. The timing fits. Emotionally I'm still getting to where I need and want to be. I have my woe is me moments but they're not as often as they used to be. :)

Sorry, this is all I've got for now. Haha. But it's better than nothing! Hope all is well with everyone!


*HUGS*

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, I bet you're just already dying in anticipation! Wish you the best of luck, the perfect child will find his/her way into your heart. You both will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete