LTL and I threw caution to the wind and bought a motorcycle. Haha. I know what some people are thinking.. why do that when we have an adoption to pay for? Well, let me give you a little back story...
LTL had a cruiser when we met. We LOVED goin on rides and had a couple other couples we'd go with. It was great. A little escape of sorts. When LTL foundout he'd be gone for about 5 months he said he couldn't justify keeping it and paying insurance while he was gone and it'd be another year before he could even ride it so he decided to sell it. I don't know who was more bummed about this 'grown-up' decision, him or me. Haha.
About 2 weeks ago he began looking at bikes and cautiously mentioned it to me. My first response was, 'I want a baby more than I want another motorcycle'. Typical IF behavior, right? Well he kept looking in hopes of finding the perfect deal and he did. A brand new still in the shipping crate Yamaha for the proce of a used one. They had dropped the price roughly $3,000. So we bought it and I am obscenely happy about it.
I was trying to explain to LTL why I was so happy and why I ended up thinking it was a good move for us.. here's all I could manage and maybe some of you can make sense of it. It helps me not think of all this IF and adoption stuff. It's like a flashback to the time before IF for me. Back when things were simple and we thought we had control of our lives and future. It sounds silly as I type it. Really. I just don't know how else to explain it.. :)
Another thing.. I got an award from EBC over at and I promise I'll send it out to others soon! And THANK YOU EBC! :) It made my day. REALLY.
Hope everyone is having a fabulous Valentines Day. I think LTL and I are going to rebel and do NOTHING. Haha. You'll find this is a common occurance with us and holidays. We don't care about buying each other things, we want TIME together. ANYWHOS... BUH-BYE! Have a FANTABULOUS Monday! :)
btw I'm 99% sure I didn't post the link right.. go give EBC some love peeps.. ournewplana dot blogspot dot com
No comments:
Post a Comment