Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family
My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Lame
Ok I must be messed up. I'm pretty sure I'm one of few people who can't even bear to hold the new baby. It's fucked up. I feel like such a weirdo.
I never hold new babies. When people ask me if I want to hold their baby I say 'no thank-you.' I'm at the point that I feel like I don't have to explain my feelings about it to anyone. If they don't already know my situation they can find numerous people who know and can fill them in. I just hope to remember that if I ever have a baby I will not MAKE anyone hold him or her!
I totally get it. I am repelled and drawn to new borns all at the same time. For me, I feel so good when I hold them but totally terrible when I give them back. Do what you need to do to take care of yourslef. love to you...
Stopping over from ICLW from #63 & #153. It's ok. Seriously. Its such a hard reminder of what we don't have right now. Hope your adoption story goes quickly and well. Hugs.
Hi, I'm here for ICLW. My sister is about to give birth and I'm just terrified that I won't want to hold the baby. Or that I'll hold her and my heart will splinter into a thousand bitter pieces. You're in good fucked up company :) -ICLW #35
Here from ICLW and I just wanted to say that you are not lame at all! I was unable to hold a baby, celebrate a pregnancy announcement or enjoy a baby shower until my daughter was born and came to us via the miracle of adoption. Lame we are not, a little fucked up? Perhaps!
I never hold new babies. When people ask me if I want to hold their baby I say 'no thank-you.' I'm at the point that I feel like I don't have to explain my feelings about it to anyone. If they don't already know my situation they can find numerous people who know and can fill them in. I just hope to remember that if I ever have a baby I will not MAKE anyone hold him or her!
ReplyDeleteI totally get it. I am repelled and drawn to new borns all at the same time. For me, I feel so good when I hold them but totally terrible when I give them back. Do what you need to do to take care of yourslef. love to you...
ReplyDeleteHey there. Just wanted to say hi. My husbands cout is also zero and we have almost completed our homestudy for adoption!
ReplyDeleteStopping over from ICLW from #63 & #153. It's ok. Seriously. Its such a hard reminder of what we don't have right now. Hope your adoption story goes quickly and well. Hugs.
ReplyDeletebeen there and I am a peds nurse. It's so jacked. Here from ICLW I'm #82
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm here for ICLW. My sister is about to give birth and I'm just terrified that I won't want to hold the baby. Or that I'll hold her and my heart will splinter into a thousand bitter pieces. You're in good fucked up company :) -ICLW #35
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW and I just wanted to say that you are not lame at all! I was unable to hold a baby, celebrate a pregnancy announcement or enjoy a baby shower until my daughter was born and came to us via the miracle of adoption.
ReplyDeleteLame we are not, a little fucked up? Perhaps!