Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family

My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..

Friday, May 20, 2011

Pretty checked out lately

Been feeling really out of sorts lately. Not 100% sure why. Not 100% sure I want to know why. Haha.

Recap time? Sure!

So my last post was right before Mother's Day. We'd just received the paper from the RE. Since then there have been a couple 'incidents'. The RE's office called me to let me know that our paper was ready to be picked up.. WTF? We already got it. I didn't tell her that and just asked if they'd mail it to me. They did. The RE added on another diagnosis. Diminished Ovarian Reserves. I had NO idea. Realistically I'm sure I should have known but it hurt really bad finding out via a cold black and white piece of paper with tons of scribbles on it. I may or may not have cried.
A day or two later I got a text from my mother in law "call me after work". It's a text that actually pisses me off. It feels like a demand and not a request and usually I ignore it and do nothing. That day I chose to call her, from work. She was crying so hard I couldn't understand a word she was saying. After a few minutes and asking her if someone died she told me that her nephew 'MB' (the brother of the nephew that's married and has the baby born in January, ya know the one I can't bear to be around) was going to be a daddy. He was 15 at the time. He turned 16 yesterday. I assume based on the teenager's mom's reaction they are opting to parent. I know at least the boy had previously dropped out of school. I don't know about the girl. My mother in law was sobbing because it wasn't fair. She was sobbing because she knew it'd hurt for me. She texted me so I'd hear it from her instead of see it on Facebook. It's beyond unfair. I couldn't even say much back to her. I told her I was sorry. I couldn't cry about it. I still haven't.
My mind kinda feels like mush typing about it. I blame it on hormones. AF showed yesterday and I am in excruciating pain. Reminded yet again that I will never be pregnant but more than that, I'm reminded of what my obgyn said my options are with this pain. I tried flying solo without meds. Failed. Tried 3 different birth controls. Failed. The first didn't do much of anything. The second one left me with a 3 week long period which was entirely unacceptable. The third and last one gave me dagger-like pains in my abdomen daily. Don't know what that was about. It sucked and I opted to try a couple months off. I'm regretting it like no other but the other option wasn't much better. So, the next step is to visit DR.Y. The obgyn. He said my next option was surgery. I'm a bit freaked. I'm also feeling desperate. Desperate to out of pain. Desperate to not have horrific pain reminding me that my lady bits are failing me month after month. It's almost tempting to ask DR.Y to just remove the whole innerds. They're of no use to me anyway. Blah. Hormones talking. AGAIN.
Pretty sure that I am babbling to the point of not being coherent. I lack direction in this post. Did I mention that as I'm typing this I am 'watching' Juno? Big mistake. This movie brings me to tears every single time. Also, LTL isn't home. He's out at a father-son camping trip with his dad whose brother passed away last night so LTL felt it even more important to go. I hate being home alone but I"m glad he was able to go and spend time with his dad. I can't imagine losing my brother. His dad is such a great man, I hope he's doing ok. ANYWHO, I'm gong to take half a xanax to push me into dreamland. I'll leave with one of my favorite quotes from Juno,

''somebody else is gonna find a precious blessing from Jesus in this garbage dump of a situation''

15 comments:

  1. I love that quote from Juno! It really does sum up so much about life. And hormones do suck...I feel for you!

    ICLW#87

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember it's ok to be mad, sad, angry and upset at anything baby related or not. Life can really suck sometimes. I very much understand.

    Take a breath, Take a moment for you, whether that is to cry,laugh,punch something, or just laying in the grass and watching the clouds.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you love and light. Hope you have a better week this week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. It's times like these I too thank whatever deity for the invention of pharmaceuticals. HUGE Hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many great quotes from that movie!! i love juno!
    sorry to hear about all the drama....
    wishing you better times in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. That you for visitng my blog!! I look forward to following you in your journey! Sorry to hear about the drama.. ugh.. inferility is sooooo unfair! If it had a face.. I'D PUNCH IT SOOOO HARD!!! blahhhhhhh!!!

    ps. I love Juno!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry for all the crap at the RE. :(
    hope all goes well with your adoption journey...it's a bumpy road at times, but SO worth it. our son has been home for 5 months now and we are just so smitten with him.
    blessings to you!

    happy iclw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending positive thoughts and hugs your way!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry for the craptastic stuff going on right now. Lots of {{{hugs}}} and prayers coming your way. I sure hope your adoption journey is short and sweet.

    ICLW #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for everything you're having to go through right now. Here's hoping you find a cure to your pain soon. We are all here to support you on this journey to your family. Sending calm and positivity your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least it sounds like your MIL gets it. I'm pretty sure my MIL doesn't.

    I'm sorry you're hurting and hormonal. I started my period today and am definitely having moments of extreme bitchiness that so far I have kept from inflicting on anyone. (I think)

    It's interesting how sometimes we really dig in deep to the pain. Watching Juno while hormonal made me think of that... but sometimes we have to explore the depths of our pain to be able to understand it.
    -BleedingTulip
    http://pursuingparenthood.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from ICLW!

    I'm sorry the past week has been so hard :(. It is nice that your MIL at least understands how this all hurts you.

    I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. It's just unfair...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from ICLW... I feel for you. I always hated pregnancy news, especially the ones that leave you scratching your head. Kudos to you MIL for being sensitive to your feelings. I saw adoption mentioned in your timeline. That's the route we took if I can help in any way. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog through ICLW! Wishing you all the best with your adoption journey. It sounds like you've been through a lot.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete