Ok I royally sucked at commenting with ICLW (partly due to not being able to get the comments to go through for whatever reason). I'm not signing up for June because I feel like a bit of a failure. I'll still be reading those involved though and I promise I'll get around to commenting back on other people's blogs soon!
I've also been a bad blogger. Yup. Sure have. Can't deny it. Lots of things have been happening yet a lot of nothing has happened. Haha.
There will be more posts coming.. at some point.. but for this one I figured I'd ask you all a few questions..
How many of you had a laparoscopy for endometriosis done?
How long did it take for you to recover?
Did you feel it was worth it?
Did anyone have the fear of them NOT being able to find anything despite your excruciating pain?
Do they fully knock you out?
One thing I'm worried about is LTL might not be able to go with me so that means I'd be asking my sister or my mom to take me and I don't want the Dr to give them any information. Sounds weird I know but my mom has a big mouth sometimes and I just don't want her having that type of sensitive information. Haha. Another concern.. my MIL works with my Dr. She's in the labor and delivery area though so I'm hoping she won't find out.. OOPS, I guess I should have prefaced some of this with, I scheduled my surgery. I'm having it done on the 22nd.. I'm completely freaked out.
Bah. Time to head back to work.. :-/ (which btw I'm completely burned out here this week. Long story for another day)
Hey - Runny Yolk posted the very same question on her blog a few months back and got some really helpful feedback in her comments section. Here's the link: http://eggsandsperm.com/2011/02/22/where-do-i-go-next-questions-on-lap-surgery/
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I'm sure everything will be fine
It took me about 2-3 days to recover from my lap.
ReplyDeleteWe talked a little about that the other day, I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you but I completely understand your concerns. When I had random questions about different procedures, I went to the ask/answer forum on yahoo and got some good feedback (though I'm sure your blog will probably bring better/more answers).
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could ask your Dr. not to tell anyone but you what he saw or any other info, they are bound by privacy laws. Plus, they may not get all the info they need right away (time for testing, etc.)
Good luck with it, and let me know if you need anything.