Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family

My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's 12:03am and I can't sleep

I'm fighting sleep. Not sure why but my body is. Haha.
Thanks so much to those that left such kind comments on my last post. I have surgery scheduled in less than 2 weeks and I'm pretty scared. I'm hopeful that the pain relief will come but I'm scared it might not and I'm scared of how I'll feel after...emotionally. I know we crossed the bridge a long time ago I'm just still worried.

Partly due to this whole false pregnancy announcement in support of breast cancer I recently 'outed' myself on FB as being 29 and faced with the possibility of a hysterectomy. I wanted people to know that it hurts and why it does and why I post that stuff on FB. Well, I've decided that outing myself may not have made a huge impact but I'm sick of being so anonymous. I go by Memu on here, a nickname my awesome nephew 'C' gave me. It's to shield me from those who may know me in real life (minus the few who read this blog) as I talk about family. A lot. I think the time has come to open up a little more. I got a Twitter! If you'd like to follow me it's MemuLee . Another thing, I'm going to start using my real first name. Maren. AND listing this blog on my twitter. Eeek, Haha. I'll still keep everyone else anonymous as I believe they deserve that but I'm opening up.

Sorry for a random post with not much substance. It's late and I had to take a lortab for the pain in my side Ugh. 1.5 more weeks. Wooohooo. Or something.


Laters all.

4 comments:

  1. That's not a random post at all! Good for you! Nice to meet you, Maren. :-)
    PS - speaking of ID's - any clue why I can't comment as my wordpress ID on your blog? (It's Mo from MommyOdyssey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mo! I had the settings set up for only google account comments apparently. I had no idea. Haha. It's change now. Hopefully this setting works better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Maren! I already follow you on twitter, but congrats on "coming out."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you. I have been away for a long time. I saw an old comment from you and it made me laugh - I clicked over to see how you are. What a tough spot. I imagine you have been processing some pretty tough emotions.

    The end of my rope took me to DE and yours to adoption. I can see the excitement you have for it as well. Pretty crazy how something that was a "last resort" can turn out so fabulous, isnt it?

    I really hope your recovery is quick and uneventful. I hope you connect with adoption soon. All my best to you.

    ReplyDelete