Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family

My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So sorry

I've been downright awful at blogging lately. I've been reading others blogs though! And trying somewhat unsuccessfully to comment. I'm getting to it though. I've taken to reading while at my allergy shot appts. The only downside is on Tuesdays when I go I am all dosed up on Benadryl and I swear half the time I doze off while waiting for my 30 min to be up. Haha.

I don't have much to update honestly. We got more info on the 18 month old... I've decided to refer to the 18 month old as JD. It's gender neutral..right? Haha. I picked JD because of the show Scrubs. Not only is it the main characters name (Zach B) but it's also Dr Cox's daughter's name. I found it fitting.

ANYWHO, JD's mom goes to court the first week of next month and we're kind of just waiting to see what happens. We can't do much without the go ahead from the case worker and naturally she doesn't want much, if anything to do with us at this point. I can't help but think that the mom will maintain custody. Or if JD is taken away from her it wil only be for a short amount of time. Deep down I want to believe that she'll change for JD. That she'll do whatever it takes to make things better and keep JD safe. LTL kind of feels the same way. We're not too hopeful about the situation at this point. I think if we were to get hopeful we'd end up being crushed.
So, we're still moving very slowly ahead with the agency. Trying to get all our paperwork done. Currently waiting on a couple Drs to fill out papers then we should be good to move into the next phase. Which is... more papers! Wahoooo! haha. At least it'll all be worth it.
As far as the social diet thing goes, I've been fairly successful in limiting my exposure. (BTW THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS IN REGARDS TO THAT CRAPPY SITUATION!) At some point I 'un-hid' people on FB and have begun to 'hide' them again. It's just too much.
Tonight I want to start back running. Can't really do it outside as the weather here still sucks. I actually had to scrape my windows this morning which made me kinda pissed at 6:30am. So it'll be indoors on a treadmill. I'd like to get back into shape asap and be able to train for a marathon or a half marathon. Plus, let's be real... I'm depressed and need to get my ass out of this funk. I spend the majority of my time chilling with my dogs and avoiding most of my neighbors. Mean I know but I just don't have anything in common with the majority of them..really. Most of them are all about their kids/babies/pregnancy which they SHOULD be. I'm not complaining about that. I think it's only right that they chose those as priorities, I'd do the same thing.. Hell, I did when LTL came home from Tech School. Told my friends to not even ask to see me until he had been home a few months. Ooops.. Train running off the track. Hehe. I need to get back into running for my sanity and I'm hoping tonight is the night I am motivated enough to do so. I figure a couple days of running then I'll start on the Insanity DVDs we bought. I did the little fit test and I swear it just about killed me but I LIKED IT! There is just 1 day where I can't really work out so I'll have to modify a schedule. Tuesdays I get my shot and can't work out for 2ish hours after and since I've been having rather large reactions I'd prefer to not run at all that night.

I've gone from a lack of posts to a major run-on post. Sorry bout that peeps!

OOOOOOOH one last thing, I'm super glad it's NIAW. There is an IF conference/event/etc on Saturday that I'm going to with my SIL and we're gonna head out to lunch after. I'm really excited. She's pretty timid with all this and I think she's still in the 'woe is me I can't do anything' phase so I'm stoked to get her involved with things. I think it'll help her. Plus they're doing some pretty bad ass giveaways that I wouldn't mind winning. I don't know that I'd actually use it but they're giving away a certificate for half off an IVF cycle and a few other treatment certificates, another being accupuncture (that I'd be willing to try just to get my body on it's normal cycle!). :)

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm off to comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been visiting for ICLW, but I tend to find myself swamped at the end of the month and rarely have time/energy to comment, although I try to balance by doing it the other three weeks of the month. (If that makes sense to anybody but me???)
    First off: LOVE the Scrubs reference. We own all the seasons... :)
    My husband and I have decided to pursue adoption after a much-anticipated move in July, and I've been trying to find all the blogs/books/etc on adoption to educate myself on the path we are going to be going down.
    I look forward to doing a better job of following in May!
    PS: Since you only allow Google accounts to comment, this is an old account. My current blog is at http://pursuingparenthood.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like JD, mostly because I love scrubs!

    And I've been awful at all the upkeep of blogging lately myself. The reading and commenting and keeping up has definitely been more work than I've had time for lately!

    ReplyDelete