Just Two People In Love Wanting To Expand Their Family

My hubs (LTL) and I (M3MU) are done with testing and treatment. We've made the choice to move forward with adoption. I just barely started this blog HOWEVER I included the posts from my private blog so you get and idea of how things have been..

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy ICLW

I'm a couple days late posting this.. SORRY! Life has kind of gotten crazy as I've been working 2 jobs and it's been 6 days a week and will continue to be that way for another week or so. Yikes!

Thanks everyone for all the support on my last post. I'm still trying to come to terms with it all but it's a VERY slow process.

On to ICLW - This is my very first time and so far I am LOVING it. I never knew just how much support and caring there would be. Everyone I have encountered has been AMAZING!!

Here's a little background and I mean LITTLE background info me and LTL (hubs). We were married 6/2008 and began TTC around 10/2008. I guess our TTC was more of leaving it up to 'chance' the first couple months.. it wasn't until 1/2010 that we finally gave up hope with our ob/gyn and headed to an RE. Testing began and we ended up with the knowledge that LTL had a sperm count of ZERO. I was recently kind of diagnosed (he wanted to wait to do a scope) with endo. Not sure how severe it is but I hurt like no other. I also lack ovulation skills. Basically we are a perfect match haha. We're ok with it though and we are beginning the adoption process. YAY!

I saw this on someone else's blog and thought I'd do something similar.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1- I LOVE LOVE LOVE Biology and Genetics.
2- I always said I never wanted to get married... Then along came LTL. I was hooked. :)
3- I am seriously allergic to dogs and cats but have 2 dogs that sleep on our bed. Haha.
4- The religion I claim does not condone tattoos... I am debating on finishing my arm tattoo and might make it into a half sleeve... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. THe most recent addition to it says Sperare Semper which means hope always and has violet flowers around it. It was added on to the Star gazer lily and Calla lily I had done a year before.
5- I used to be a total punk. I'm talking spiky purple hair, chain necklaces, spikes, bondage pants, etc. It was hilarious and I wish I had pictures to document it. Hehe
6- My hubs is FOUR years younger than me but people have a tendency to think I'm younger than him. To their defense I do act younger than I am. Hehe. What can I say, I refuse to act 29.
7- I have been seriously craving jalapeno peppers these days. It's weird.
8- I love to bake but I hate to cook. I think it's because with baking it ends up being more about sharing with others. Delivering goodies to neighbors and family is fun. :)
9- While my all time favorite band is AFI (used to be pretty hard core but not so much lately) I have a serious soft spot for Otis Redding. That man can SING.
10- I love 80'smovies and music. Probably one reason for me loving Otis (Pretty In Pink)
11- Despite my deep running love of all things punk, I was teased for my serious love of Volvos. Haha. Apparently my badass self has always had a sensible grown up side. Currently, I rock a Jeep.. I'm addicted. SERIOUSLY.
12- I dislike camping. A lot. Yet in the past couple years I find myself wanting to plan camping trips.
13- I can tan even while wearing spf45 and higher. Yes even when I re-apply as directed and follow all the rules. I'll post a pic on here later.. I look Native American but I'm a European mutt. :) I love it though.
14- My oldest sister is 41. My mother in law is 45. It's funny.
15- My family is kinda random.
*Oldest sister - Works for the state. In their substance abuse and mental health department. Married her high school sweetheart. Their child, a product of their 2nd IVF. :)
*Next oldest sister - Works for the Government as well. Communications major/masters degree. Married a redneck who lacks the use of proper english. (Hehe). Their child - came after at least 1 miscarriage.
*Oldest brother - Pastry chef turned P.A. student. Married an AWESOME chick. Their 3 kids - All flipping great. Looks like he turned out to be the only fertile in the fam.
*Brother closest in age to me - AMAZING. Marine turned massage therapist turned Army guy. Still looking for his 'one'. He's so supportive of the whole family. It's great.
Me- Hair stylist turned biology/genetics major. :) We love to be random with our careers.
*Parents- Dad is a Biologist, he teaches at a college. Mom is a scientist of sorts.. used to work in a lab doing cancer research.
16- My dogs rock mohawks
17- While I type this my dogs are laying on my feet. Luckily they're small.
18- Recently became an Apple lover. It all started with an iPhone.
19- I often times cry during sappy commercials. hehe
20- I am a VERY loyal friend until given a reason to not be. Then I'll drop you like burning hot coals.

Sorry that's all I can come up with right now.. But hopefully it was kind of entertaining for some of you.

11 comments:

  1. Dontchya just LOVE ICLW? I have to say I am cracking up at your overall randomness. But, I'm thinking my favorite part of this post is how you talked about you and hubby being a perfect match. LMAO! I'm at a football party and people looked at me weird when I laughed out loud the way I did. Oops. Anyway....much luck to you in your parenthood journey!

    ICLW #67

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICLW - That was very entertaining!
    I read your previous post and it made me sad. I remember those feelings when friend after friend would get pregnant and I didn't. I avoided baby showers like the plague. But I did buy gifts and dropped them off. You are going to have a child one day, and I promise you that your heart will heal with all the love that child will bring into your life. Forgive your friends. It's almost impossible for people to understand infertility unless they've gone through it as well. Infertility has already done so much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW! I love to bake too, it helps me de stress! I get lots of yummy recipes from annies-eats.com, if you have never checked out her blog, you must, seriously good stuff!

    ~ICLW #200

    ReplyDelete
  4. ICLW! I am all about the baking and I agree that there are few things less fun than camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately a perfect match, my hubby and I joke that we are a great pain, Low sperm, Severe Endo and 1 ovary, so we are pretty stuffed also but we trudge that IF line and we will have a baby.
    All the best with the adoption
    ICLW#51

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike camping, too, but there is something about it that is so enticing!! I'll never actually plan one though, I'm more of a stay in a hotel kind of girl. I love to bake, too!

    ICLW #134

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! So glad I ran across your blog. We are also planning to adopt. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work as a nanny for a family that adopted. The boys are in a wonderful place and the joy it has brought to them is tremendous. I truly hope it happens quickly for you all.
    creatingfamilycode.wordpress.com
    Happy ICLW from a first timer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy ICLW! Really neat facts about yourself. I hope the process of adopting goes really smoothly and you have your LO soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through ICLW! I'm beginning the process of fostering / adopting & look forward to following along with your journey too!

    Happy ICLW #131

    ReplyDelete
  11. your randomness is fun! i too am a recently app.le convert. love it. also, i gave you an award over at my blog. whether you claim it or not, just know that i think your blogging is great.

    ReplyDelete