Next week we have our 'orientation' class with the adoption agency we have chosen. I'm nervous yet super excited. I'm really hoping we get all the information we need to get this started! Seriously hoping that we can bust through the paperwork and get the homestudy and everything else done ASAP.
Fears:
I worry that even though LTL is not active duty, (he's not even reserve. He's ANG.) that they will be less than willing to work with us. LTL will be gone for 2 weeks this years... I want things done before that happens. I had talked to them while he was gone this last time and we actually had a birth mom interested in us but the agency said that their hands were tied as he was out of state. BLAH. So much for them being compassionate. Haha. Here's to hoping things go better this time around.
I'm also worried that we may not get picked. We are slightly non-traditional for this agency. It's a church based agency and both of us weren't involved in the church for a while but have been involved since before we got married. This particular church doesn't condone tattoos.. we both have multiple and will probably get more.. who knows. I just worry that it could be what keeps us from getting chosen.
Something else about the agency... it's where my little SIL's highschool friend is thinking of going through to place her baby that's due in June... Not only has my SIL and MIL talked to her and her mom but there is a close friend/teacher to this girl and her mom that's talked to her about LTL and I.. It's a long shot I know. But I figure it can't hurt to HOPE.
Yup... I'm rambling when I should be getting ready...
Here's to hoping I can update this blog on a regular basis... :) I'll do my best. haha
No comments:
Post a Comment